Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Сообщество студентов Кировской ГМА

Января 24, 2024, 18:47:36

Автор Тема: GRAMMAR TEST  (Прочитано 13439 раз)

Lux

• Administrator
  • Super Star
    • Сообщество студентов Кировской ГМА
  • Курс: ^|^|^

GRAMMAR TEST
« : Октября 29, 2011, 18:55:49 »
Use the most appropriate tense- and voice forms

What   your name (to be)   ? My name   .
How old   you (to be)   ? I    17.
What   you (to do)   ?
I (to study)   I (to be)   a medical student.
What    you (to complain)   of?   - I (to be)   more dead than alive.
   you (to have)    fever? Yes, I    .   
you (to cough)   ? Yes, I   .    
you (to sneeze)   ? Yes, I   .   
you (to have)   chills? Yes, I   
you (to have)   a headache? Yes, I   .   
you (to have)   contacts with infected individuals? - Yes, I     .    
you (to have)   a family history of a serious disease? No, I     .    
you (to hospitalize)   for any serious disease? No, I   .
   you (to operate)   for any serious disease or
trauma? No, I   .   
you (to immunize)   for flue? No, I. 
you (to take)   any medications? Yes, I   .
What medications   you (to use)    ?
I (to take)   anti-inflammatory medications.   
these drugs (to help)   you? No, they    .     you (to be)    allergic or sensitive to any medications? No, I
I (to prescribe)   you new effective antibiotics. You must (to take)         a tablet twice a day.
Use the most apropriate modal verbs (must, have to, to be to, can, could, may)
I   (to study) English because I think it is necessary for my profession.
I   (to study) English because a lot of foreigners come to my city and very often I contact with them.
I   to study English according to the Health Ministry's regulations and orders.
I      speak English very well. I   pass a test in Grammar with an excellent mark last week
We   (to have) an access to electronic resources and Internet in our data processing center.

Use the most appropriate degrees of comparison

Physics is     difficult (труднее) than English. Anatomy is     difficult (самый трудный) subject. English is   (easy легче) than other subjects. English is   (easy самый легкий) subject. Our academy is(good самая лучшая) higher school in Kirov.
Use the most appropriate prepositions if necessary

I study   a medical school.
I study   Kirov State Medical Academy.
It is well known   Russia.
It is considered to be one   the best medical schools the Russian Federa-tion.
My medical school was founded   the 2nd April, 1987.
It was established   Professor Zhuravlev.
Currently it is led     Professor Sheshunov.
It consists seven faculties and over 50 educational departments.
The medical school is situated   Karl Marx Street.
My classes begin — 8.30 a.m.
I come   the academy   time.
I usually get  the academy trolley-bus or foot.
We have classes     8.30 a.m.   5 p.m.
We have lectures     Anatomy, Biology, Physics and Chemistry and seminars        all the subjects.
   January and June we take tests and exams   the most important disciplines.
 usually pass all the tests and exams   good and excellent marks. _
In    several years, I'll graduate       the academy.
I am very much interested surgery, I would like to specialize   endosurgery.
Use the most appropriate articles if necessary

I live in     Kirov,     capital of   Vyatka Land.    
city is located 896 km northeast of Moscow,    
capital of   Russian Federation.
I have   family.
My father is   physician and my mother is   medical nurse.
My family and I have   three-room flat on third floor of   big building of   apartments.
I study at        best higher school.
It is called       Kirov State Medical Academy.
There are a lot of   places of   interest in   city.
You will marvel at   Theater Square,   Theater Park, Kirov Botanic Garden,   Gagarin Park,   October Avenue, Uspensky Cathedral,     St. Serafim's Cathedral, and   Vyatka River.
I enjoy performances of   Kirov Drama Theater and Kirov Theater on
   Spasskaya Street.
I like going to   Regional Philharmonic Society
and   "Rodina" Palace of Culture.
We have     railway station and   airport.   
Kirov 1  Railway station and Pobedilovo Airport are quite comfortable and convenient.

TEST IN SYNONYMS

The mortality ( _______________________ ) is 21.8 per 1,000 people. The most common problems of Kirov region’s health care are lack of medications                   ( ___________________________) and lack of minimum invasive procedures                                     ( _______________ ). Patients are usually very well evaluated  (____________________ ). Evaluation ( ______________________ ) usually includes ( ___________________________ ) three main stages                                   ( ______________________ ). The first part consists of  ( _________________ ) anamnesis of previous diseases ( ___________________________ ), anamnesis of the relatives’ diseases, and anamnesis of medications (__________________). The second part consists of (_____________________ ) listening to the heart and lungs ( __________________ ), application of the fingers with light pressure to the surface of the body ( ________________________ ), striking a part of the body with short, sharp blows (______________________________________), and visual examination                                             ( __________________ ). The third part consists of ( _____________________ ) different instrumental examinations           ( ____________________ ). The most common diagnostic procedures are the technique of graphically recording some physical and functional aspects of the heart ( ________________ ),  the technique of recording some physical and functional aspects of the brain (______________ ), recording of internal body images    ( ___________), instrumental investigation of the bronchi                                        ( ______________________ ), inspection of the interior of the stomach by means of a special instrument (________________________), removal and examination, usually microscopic, of living tissue of a body organ (_______________). Many diseases (______________________) result from (________________________________________ ) from tobacco abuse (_____________________), extra kilograms ( _____________________ ), strong drink abuse ( _________________________ ) and lack of movements
( _______________________________________).

Use the most appropriate synonyms
1. There are thousands of diverse diseases of the respiratory system.
2. The most typical diseases are inflammation of the bronchi, inflammation of the lungs, inflammation and malignant disease of the lungs.
3. Most respiratory diseases occur from tobacco abuse.
4. Other risk factors  are exposure to industrial chemicals.
5. The most typical symptoms of respiratory diseases are breathlessness, cough, wheezing, high temperature, and difficulty breathing.
6. Examination for respiratory diseases includes three main stages.
7. Instrumental examination usually includes visualizing techniques such as X-ray, CT and MRI.
8. Pharmacotherapy includes diverse effective medicines.
9. Treatment rests on diverse factors.
10. Physicians often prescribe  different medications.
11. Many medications may have adverse reactions.
12. Some respiratory diseases may cause severe consequences.
13. Mortality of some respiratory diseases is quite high.
14. Many heavy smokers have respiratory problems.
15.Patients with severe conditions are referred to inpatient medical centers. 
16. Milder cases are treated at same day centers.
17. Diverse surgeries are performed for severe cases.
18. That is why prophylaxis is better than cure.
19. Vaccination plays an important role in prophylaxis of many diseases.
20. Hereditary factors  may also play a certain role.
21. In prophylaxis of respiratory diseases, the most important recommen-dation is to stop smoking.
22. Adhere to a healthy life style.
23. Do morning drills.
24. Health is better than much money and property.
25. Follow self-care recommendations.

CLINICAL TEST

1. What is the first leading cause of death in the developed countries?
Cancer; stroke; heart diseases; traumas, COPD; pneumonia and influenza; diabetes; suicides.

2.What country has the best health care indicators?
The USA; Germany, the UK; Japan; France; Canada; Russia; Spain.

3.What country has the worst health care indicators?
The USA; Germany, the UK; Japan; France; Canada; Russia; Spain.

4. What are the most common and associated symptoms of MI?
varying degrees of chest pain; diarrhea; central chest discomfort radiating to the shoulders and/or arms (usually the left side), neck (carotid area usually) or the back; weakness, constipation; nausea, and vomiting; sometimes loss of consciousness; bloody cough; shortness of breath; diaphoresis (excessive sweating); palpitations and dizziness.

5.What are the most common symptoms of asthma?
wheezing caused by obstruction of the airways; severe arrhythmias; rapid breathing; cyanosed (blue) complexion; shortness of breath, particularly after exercise or when emotional; gastrointestinal problems.

6.What are the most common symptoms of stomach cancer?
Indigestion or a burning sensation (heartburn); discomfort or pain in the abdomen; nausea and vomiting; diarrhea or constipation; bloating of the stomach after meals; loss of appetite; weakness and fatigue; bleeding (vomiting blood or having blood in the stool); increased appetite; increased thirst; increased urination.
7. What surgical procedure is much more appropriate for patients with diminished immunity or overweight? Routine surgery; endosurgery.
8. Since when has laparoscopic surgery been available? Since the 1950s; since the 1960s; since the 1970s; since the 1980s; since the 1990s.
9. What underlying causes may chronic gastritis have?
Infection with the bacterium H. pylori: bile reflux; excessive consumption of alcohol; consumption of certain foods; .bird flue; excessive consumption of fruit and vegetables.
10. What are symptoms of type 1 diabetes? frequent urination; increased thirst, increased fluid intake;.there may also be weight loss (despite normal or increased eating); increased appetite; irreduceable fatigue; altered vision; blurred vision; frequent stomach bleedings; asthma-like symptoms.
11. What do longer-term complications of diabetes include?
Cardiovascular disease (doubled risk); chronic renal failure; retinal damage with eventual blindness; nerve damage; eventual gangrene with risk of amputation of toes, feet, and even legs.
12.What are the most common treatments for cancer? Surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, immunotherapy, acupuncture, psychotherapy, herbal therapy, physiotherapy; hyperbaric oxygen therapy with laryngectomy patients (people who have had an operation to remove all or part of the larynx (voice box)), massage therapy
13. What is the most dangerous type of hepatitis? Hepatitis A; hepatitis B; hepatitis C.
14. What are the most frequent symptoms of influenza? Fever. Headache. Tiredness (can be extreme). Dry cough. Sore throat. Nasal congestion. Sneezing. Irritated eyes. Body aches. Extreme coldness. Internal bleedings. Frequent urination.
15. What are the most common symptoms of appendicitis? Pain that usually starts centrally (periumbilical) before localising to the lower right side of the abdomen; tenderness; associated anorexia (loss of appetite); fever is usually present. Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea may or may not occur. Gastrointestinal bleedings. Bloody cough. Sneezing.

TEST IN CLINICAL TOPICS

1. What kind of surgery is more appropriate for immunocompromised patients? A – routine surgery such as laparotomy; B – minimally invasive surgery such as laparoscopic interventions.
2. What are the most effective visualizing methods of diagnosis? A – temperature measurements; B – CT; C – blood tests; D- MRI; E – urinalysis; F – X-ray.
3. What traditional methods are widely used? A- acupuncture; B – herbal therapy; C- manual therapy; D- hypnotherapy; E- laparoscopic surgery; F – transplantation of organs.
4. What are the most common minimally invasive surgical methods? A – routine organ resections; B – TUR or transurethral resections; C – laparoscopic surgery; D – MRI; E – CT.
5. What country has the highest life expectancy at birth? A – Russia; B – the countries of the CIS; C – the USA; D- Germany; E – Japan.
6. What country has the highest infant death rate? A – Russia; B – the coun-tries of the CIS; C – the USA; D- Germany; E – Japan.
7. What country has the lowest infant death rate? A – Russia; B – the countries of the CIS; C – the USA; D- Germany; E – Japan.
8. What country has the highest death rate? A – Russia; B – the countries of the CIS; C – the USA; D- Germany; E – Japan.
9. What is the leading cause of death in developed countries? A – AIDS; B – infectious diseases; C – diabetes; D – cardiovascular diseases; E – injuries; F – flu and pneumonia.
10.What visualizing method is usually used to distinguish pneumonia and severe bronchitis? A – CT; B- MRI; C – X-ray.
11. What type of hepatatis is more serious and more dangerous? Hepatitis A; hepatatis B; hepatatis C.
12. What type of diabetes prevails? type 1 diabetes; type 2 diabetes.
13. What is severe hypertension? bottom BP: A - 85 – 90 mmHg; B – 91-104; C – 115 and over. 
14. What are the most common and associated symptoms of MI? A- mid-chest pains radiating to the lower jaw and/or left arm; B – epigastric pains radiating to the back; C- sweats; D – shortness of breath; E- nausea; F – vomitting; G – tightness in the chest; H- easy bruising; I – a running nose; J – diarrhea; K – constipation.
15. What products does the Meditaranian healthy diet include? A- a lot of fatty meat; B – a lot of butter and cream; C – hamburgers; D – fruit; E – vegetables; F – whole grain products; G – a lot of cognac or whiskey.
16. What is the normal heart beat? A- 60 – 70 beats per minute? B – 40-50; C – 100 – 120.
17. What is the normal respiration rate? A- 40; B – 60; C – 80; D – 16 – 18.
18. What is the causative agent of peptic ulcer disease? A- fungi; B- parasites; C – viruses; D- H-bactor pylori; E- Mycoplasma; F – Pneumococcus.
19. What is the common symptom in both MI and heartburn? A – sweats; B – burning in the middle of the chest; C – palpitations; D – low abdominal pains radiating to the back.
20.How long does it take to become a licensed doctor in the USA? A – a minimum of 6 years; B – a minimum of 8 years; C - a minimum of 11 years.
Делай что должен, и будь что будет.